Due to the rapid spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus (COVID-19), we are implementing the following changes/recommendations
in our practice:
- If you have any COUGH, FEVER, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, BODYACHES, loss of taste or smell or URI symptoms, then we will gladly assess you at our office, but you will be
required to wait in your car and not in our waiting room. Sick patients will be assessed in our separate testing area. This is to provide you the highest quality of care without compromising the immune system of our other
- We can test patients for active COVID-19 infection with a rapid antigen test using a nasal swab. It is very good detecting individuals who are contagious with
the illness. The test is highly accurate if performed within the first five days of symptoms. The test is less reliable after five days of symptoms or before symptoms develop (asymptomatic). If you
have respiratory symtoms such as cough, shortness of breath or fever and think you may be positive for COVID-19, you MUST call ahead (or call from the parking lot) to give your information
over the phone. We do not schedule appointments or guarantee any specific wait times, but getting all of your contact and insurance info over the phone will help shorten the wait that you have at
- Rapid Antigen Test results are available within an hour of your visit.
- PCR Test result turnaround times are variable, as the country experiences increases in cases/testing, and are currently 48 hours.
- We can perform a serum (blood) antibody test for Covid 19, but the test has important limitations. Antibodies typically appear in the bloodstream 2 -3 weeks
AFTER a Covid 19 infection. The testing is more accurate than it was in the past, however it is not well established at this time how much protection the antibodies provide and how long they last.
Our providers can discuss the helpfulness of Covid 19 antibody testing in an office visit.
- We will still be allowing any patient with NON-RESPIRATORY complaints to be in our waiting room.
- For your convenience, we are now happy to offer virtual visits, where we can connect through videochat in order to perform a visit. Please
call our office for more information.
Reminders and recommendations:
- We recommend that you continue to practicing physical distancing and wearing a mask while in public. Please click here to learn more about this topic.
- As you make holiday plans, keep in mind that COVID19 is not just a disease of the elderly, although patient's aged 65+ are at the highest
risk. It has been clearly established that the virus can spread while patients are asymptomatic. It is also clear that it spreads much more easily while indoors for an extended period of
time as the particles become aerosolized. Keep these things in mind as you may plan to visit older or immunocompromised relatives.
- There is no single symptom that can help differentiate between cold, COVID19, and influenza, so a medical evaluation with the
appropriate test is best.